Since motorcycles are small and offer little protection, they are at a greater risk of being involved in a serious accident. Whether they are slipping through the blind spots of other drivers or quickly approaching an unsuspecting driver, they can be easy to miss. If you have suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, Attorney Laurie Robbins can help you get the compensation you deserve.
While not seeing or noticing a motorcycle is one of the main factors in motorcycle accidents, there are other common causes, including:
- Traffic congestion. When traffic is bad, you may be tempted to work your way in between lanes to avoid the congestion. This increases your risk of being hit by drivers who decide to switch lanes.
- Aggressive driving. Road rage is another common cause of motorcycle accidents. If another driver decides to get aggressive, it’s best to maintain your distance.
- Bad road conditions. Whether it is raining or snowing, the roads are bound to be slippery. It’s also more difficult for other drivers to see you.
- Lack of turn signal use. Always be aware of drivers who don’t use their turn signals while switching lanes.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drunk and impaired drivers present a great risk to any motorcycle on the road since they are unlikely to see you in time to stop.
If you decide to ride, it’s always best to wear a helmet and other protective gear like knee/elbow pads or leather clothing. This will help prevent road rash and reduce the chance of suffering a traumatic brain injury. Wearing bright colors will help increase your visibility to other drivers on the road as well. It is also best to drive slower during bad weather to avoid slipping on wet or icy roads.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Georgia, contact Robbins Law today at 404-252-8117 to schedule a free initial consultation. Ms. Robbins will help manage your claim and fight for the compensation you deserve. We proudly serve accident victims from our office in Atlanta.