Getting into a car accident can be a minor annoyance in your day, or it can disrupt every aspect of your life – your health, your finances, your future. You may be wondering if you should hire an attorney or just wait for the whole mess to resolve itself, and it can be a tricky decision. Here are some reasons why you might consider hiring an attorney.
Should you call an attorney?
Insurance companies are used to dealing with car accident victims, and they may not always have your best interests in mind. You don’t have to hire an attorney, but it is your right to do so if you’d like. An attorney can
• Help you to make sure that any settlement offered is fair and reasonable
• Help you to get the maximum compensation for any financial loss
• Help you to make sure your medical expenses resulting from the accident are covered – not just current expenses, but any future expenses as well, as sometimes it can take time for symptoms to become apparent
• Handle all of the legal fallout from an accident while you take time to recover
• Make sure that all the pertinent evidence is collected and used properly
• Help to determine the cause of the accident
• Help you to explore what options you have under your own insurance policy if your accident was with an uninsured motorist
• Help you to figure out how much income you have lost and how much you may lose in the future
Hiring a lawyer also ensures that the insurance company will take you seriously – sometimes accident victims have a hard time even getting someone from the insurance company to call them back!
Are you wondering what you should do after a car accident? Are you wondering if you should hire a lawyer or just settle with the insurance company and move on with your life? Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but you should know that Atlanta attorney Laurie Robbins offers free consultations, and she wants to use her years of experience to help you decide what to do. Call today, at 404-252-8117.