Product Liability Claims in Georgia
What is considered a defective product?
A defective product is one that poses risk to consumers when used as intended. If you were injured by a defective product, you may be able to seek financial compensation related to your injuries via a product liability lawsuit.
What factors contribute to defective products?
Common causes for defective products include:
- Flaws in the design of a product
- Faulty manufacturing or assembly of the product
- Tampering or inadvertent contamination of a product that results in risks to consumers
- Marketing flaws such as inadequate safety warnings or inaccurate instructions
Who can be held liable for a defective product?
Depending on the individual circumstances of your case, one or more parties may be held liable for a defective product. Responsible parties may include:
- Product designers/engineers
- Product manufacturers
- Product distributors
- Product marketers
- Product retailers
What must be proven in a product liability case?
In a product liability claim, you must demonstrate negligence on behalf of at least one of the aforementioned parties. You need to be able to prove:
- The product was hazardous when used as intended or directed
- You suffered harm despite using the product as intended
- The alleged product defect was the cause of your injury
If I am injured by a product I was borrowing, can I still file a defective product claim?
In the state of Georgia, it does not matter who purchased a product in a defective product lawsuit. If you were injured by a product that was being used as intended, you may have grounds for a defective product lawsuit regardless of whether you own the product.
What damages can be sought in a defective product lawsuit?
Damages in a product liability case may include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
If you live in the Atlanta, Georgia, area and were injured as a result of a defective product or if you have questions about defective products, please contact the product liability attorney at Robbins Law, PC, to schedule your free case evaluatio.