Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional delivers negligent care that results in an injury to the patient. There are many different types of medical malpractice cases which can be filed against doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other medical professionals. Some of the most common include:
- Anesthesia errors – Anesthesia is an important part of many medical procedures, but when administered improperly, the results can be catastrophic. Anesthesiologists must monitor you throughout the procedure to make sure you do not experience any adverse reactions to the anesthesia. Failure to do so can result in medical malpractice.
- Birth injuries – Sadly, medical errors during delivery result in birth injuries more often than we would like to think. Common birth injuries caused by medical malpractice include cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy.
- Failure to diagnose cancer – Early diagnosis of cancer is critical to your chances of a successful recovery. When a doctor fails to diagnose your cancer accurately or in a timely manner, you may be entitled to receive compensation for any additional damages suffered as a result of this delayed diagnosis.
- Medication errors – Common examples of medication errors include the wrong medication being prescribed, the wrong dosage being prescribed, failure to foresee potential complications, and illegible prescriptions.
- Emergency room errors – Emergency rooms are fast paced environments that often deal with life-or-death situations. When emergency room errors occur, the results can be catastrophic for the victim.
- Surgical errors – All surgical procedures are associated with certain risks. However, when a surgical error during any phase of the procedure results in an injury, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your damages. Examples include operating on the wrong site, leaving a surgical instrument inside the patient, or operating on the wrong patient.
If you have suffered an injury caused by medical malpractice, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your damages. With more than 30 years of experience handling these complex cases, Atlanta medical malpractice lawyer Laurie Robbins has the skills to make sure your rights are protected and the negligent medical professional is held accountable for your injuries.
Please contact Robbins & Associates today to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve clients in Atlanta, Georgia.