Medical malpractice is when a physician fails to provide his/her patient with the standard of care as practiced by their peers, resulting in mental, physical and/or emotional harm to their patient. Any physician can be held accountable for medical malpractice, whether it’s a doctor, nurse, paramedic, EMT, dentist, anesthesiologist, hospital employees and even the hospital itself.
Medical malpractice can occur at any point that you’re with a professional health care provider:
- Neglect by the EMT and paramedic
- In a pre-operative consultation with a surgeon or by the surgeon choosing to delay surgery, resulting in surgical medical malpractice
- While waiting in a hospital’s emergency room
- By an anesthesiologist failing to adequately review a patient’s history and administering an anesthetic that results in an allergic reaction
- During childbirth, resulting in birth injury
Even if you signed a consent form, a physician’s negligence that results in personal injury or death, you might have a solid case against them. At Robbins & Associates, we have experienced medical malpractice attorneys to review your case and determine if you’re entitled to compensation. If you have a valid claim, our staff consults with expert medical witnesses who will also review the facts of your case and testify in court on your behalf.
Proving negligence in a medical malpractice case can take time. If you believe you’ve been the victim of medical malpractice, you need to consult with an attorney immediately as time limits exist, restricting the amount of time you may wait before filing a malpractice case.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice in Atlanta, please call or schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Atlanta medical malpractice lawyers today.