Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
Laurie Robbins was born in Richmond, Virginia. She was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1977 and is a member of the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia. She received her BA from the University of Georgia in 1974 with Honors, a law degree from the University of South Carolina in 1977 and a Masters in Taxation from Emory University in 1979. She was employed at the law firm of Troutman Sanders from 1979 to 1982.
With over 40 years’ experience as an attorney, Mrs. Robbins has focused her practice on helping individuals in the areas of:
- Personal injury
- Product liability
- Medical malpractice
- Legal malpractice
- Worker’s compensation
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Premises liability
A Leader in the Bar
- 2016-2018, Vice-President Georgia Trial Lawyers Association which represents the personal injury lawyers of Georgia
- 2016-2017, Chair of the Atlanta Bar Lawyer Referral Information Service: Chaired committee with judges and attorneys. 2013-2018 Board of Directors
- 2016, Editorial Board of the Verdict, Georgia Trial Lawyers Magazine
- Laurie has been endorsed by attorneys around the country
- 2013-2017, Board of Directors of Sandy Spring Bar Association: 2014 Secretary, 2015 Treasurer
- Laurie has litigated and won complex legal malpractice, automobile wreck and premise liability case and received settlements
- 2018, Steering Committee: Tzedek Georgia which advocates with the Georgia state government for human rights, equal rights, and justice for all citizens
- 2018, State Bar of Georgia Lawyers Helping Lawyers which is a confidential peer to peer program that provides colleagues who are suffering from personal issues in their lives with a fellow Georgia Bar member to be there, listen, and help
Mrs. Robbins is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association, the Sandy Springs Bar Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA), and the State Bar of Georgia. She has been on the Board of the Atlanta Bar Lawyer Referral Information Service since 2013 and was selected as the Chairwoman in 2016. Laurie Robbins has been on the Board of Directors of the Sandy Springs Bar Association for many years and was the Secretary in 2014 and Treasurer in 2015. She attended a legislative session meeting with Georgia Governor Nathan Deal in 2013 on behalf of the Sandy Springs Bar. Mrs. Robbins is active in the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and is on the Editorial Board of the Verdict publication. She is the GTLA Vice-President and representative for the North Fulton area.
She was the Treasurer of the Avallon Homeowners Association from 1995 to 2011 and the Avallon Community Liaison and was instrumental in curbing excessive building projects in the neighborhood. Mrs. Robbins is now the Ridgemere Neighborhood Activist and has chaired the Ridgemere committee to monitor zoning in Sandy Springs. She was on the Committee to Make Sandy Springs a City and on the Board of the Sandy Springs Council of Neighborhoods.
She is an active member of Temple Sinai and has served on its Board of Directors and Board of Education and was Sisterhood Treasurer for many years. Mrs. Robbins is currently on the Sisterhood Board and is again it’s Treasurer.
Mrs. Robbins continues to be active in community service and legal education.
Please call Atlanta personal injury lawyer Laurie Robbins for a free consultation at 404-252-8117.